The word Hustle is being used a lot lately, but exactly what does it mean? Today, millennials and entrepreneurs swear by it and even successful people have made this a part of their lives. The trending meaning of the word has absolutely nothing to do with its original meaning. It now means that you spend every possible waking hour to achieve your career or business goals.
Even if you are self-motivated and inclined to work hard, there are times when your morale needs a boost and reading hustle quotes can give you that. Here are some of the best hustle quotes to motivate you:
1. “Those at the top of the mountain didn’t fall there”- Anonymous
Everyone struggles on the way to success. Don’t compare yourself to others and focus on your own journey to the top. Build on top of your mistakes and make your way to the top of your own mountain.
2. “Your opinion doesn’t pay my bills”- Anonymous
Everybody is always going to have something to say about what you’re doing. So keep doing whatever makes you happy. Other people’s opinions do not cut you checks, so don’t pay attention to them.
3. “Let your hustle be louder than your mouth.”- Anonymous
Don’t let success get to your head. If you’re speaking about your success, make sure your hustle backs it up. It’s easy to get a little cocky sometimes, so stay humble and let your success speak for itself.
4. “The weak get eaten”- Anonymous
Entrepreneur life is filled with lions and sharks ready to eat you alive. So buckle up and get ready for war because the weak minded don’t make it in this industry. Train your mentality and stay strong, hustler.
5. “Be the badass girl you were too lazy to be yesterday.”- Anonymous
6. “Think Creatively”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
It's tough to get out of a creative block, you feel like you aren't designing anything good enough or staring at a blank canvas? You'll get out of this funk and get back to your creative ways in no time.
7. “Never let success get to your head and never let failure get to your heart”- Drake
From the words of the 6 god himself, never let your successes get to your head and never let failures get to your heart especially in entrepreneurship. Enjoy your wins and don't hold your failures against yourself. Keep going and let life flow.
8. “Work hard, travel farther”- Anonymous
The world is meant to be discovered, work hard and embrace different cultures, traditions, and people. By doing so, you're able to expand your mindset and think outside your normal box.
9. “Where are your priorities?”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
It's easy to stray away from your priorities, whether it's going out instead of finishing your work or buying $500 shoes instead of an online course. Get your priorities straight before your empire falls apart.
10. “Live like a CEO, spend like an intern”- Anonymous
It's easy to live the lavish lifestyle as a CEO, but be mindful of your spending. Do not spend more than you make or you'll find yourself in a tough situation.
11. “Hustle hard baby girl”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Girl entrepreneurs need love too! Keep working hard and keep on shining.
12. “Know your fuckin' worth”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Do not ever question yourself or your worth because of the actions of others. You're priceless.
13. “If you're looking for a sign, this is it.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Open your eyes and stop ignoring the signs. Get started on your side hustle, get back to the gym, or set your priorities straight, whatever it may be, now is the time.
14. “Stop snoozing your alarm"- Hustle Inspires Hustle
I know, I know, waking up in the morning is rough. But as much as you want to snooze that alarm for an extra 5 minutes. DON'T DO IT. Get up, brush your teeth, and get your day started.
15. “Let's make money baby, we can fall in love later.”- Anonymous
Make your money and worry about the rest later. Once you create your empire, the rest will come to you when you're ready.
16. “Lay low, boss up”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Sometimes it's good to lay low and watch your competitor's moves, you'll be able to learn more and execute your plan better.
17. “Do epic shit.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Pretty plain and simple. You're only given 1 life so go do some epic shit.
18. “Be the CEO of your life.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
You are in charge of your life, make the decisions you need to take to better yourself and your business.
19. “Late nights, early mornings”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
The entrepreneur life requires working till late at night, then waking up early to get back on the grind. But we know you'll survive.
20. “Don't raise your voice, improve your argument.”- Desmond Tutu
Just because you raise your voice during an argument that doesn't make you right, listen before you reply then reply with an well thought out answer.
21. “The road to success is always under construction.”- Lily Tomlin
Success is never a destination, you're always going to keep building your business and continue to grow.
22. “Be who you needed when you were younger.”- Ayesha Siddiqi
Could you imagine going back in time and seeing your younger self? Visualize who you needed then and become that.
23. “Empires aren't built in a day.”- Anonymous
Take your time, not even Egypt was built in a day.
24. “Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.”- Oprah Winfrey
Do what you got to do and stop complaining, it's Oprah for crying out loud.
25. “Hustle hard or eat shit.”- Anonymous
If you don't keep hustlin', you'll find yourself in the back of the line with nothing left.
26. “Nothing changes if nothing changes.”- Courtney C. Stevens
Whether it's behavior, mindset, or attitude, nothing will change if nothing changes.
27. “Be scared and do it anyway.”- Anonymous
It's hard to overcome fear, so if you're gonna be scared at least do it anyways.
28. “Be good to people for no reason.”- Anonymous
You don't need a reason to be a decent person. So be kind because you don't know what people are going through.
29. “Train your mind to see the good in every situation.”- Anonymous
We know it's so easy to think negatively when an unfortunate situation happens, but when you train your mind to see the positive you'll see how different your life will be.
30. “Let that shit go.”- Anonymous
Breathe in, breathe out and now let that shit go, it's not worth it.
31. “Don't waste your life on lifeless things.”- Anonymous
You were blessed to have 1 life so why waste it on things that don't make it worth living.
32. “Leave the distracted masses to join the focused few.”- Cal Newport
Who are the people in your inner circle? Make sure you hang with people that push you to be the best you can be, not distract you.
33. “Success is not for the lazy.”- Anonymous
If you consider yourself to be lazy, I hate to break it to you but you won't survive in this industry. Buckle up and get your work done.
34. “Legacy is greater than currency.”- Gary Vaynerchuk
From the man Gary Vee himself, don't focus on the dollar amount. Focus on what legacy you're leaving behind.
35. “A penguin cannot become a giraffe, so just be the best penguin you can be.”- Gary Vaynerchuk
You can't be someone you're not, so just be the best you you can be.
36. “Money looks better in your bank than on your feet.”- Sophia Amoruso
Wise words from girlboss, stop buying shit to impress other people who don't care about you.
37. “Tough times don't last, but tough people do.”- Robert H. Schuller
You're tougher than any situation you're going through, keep going.
38. “Remember why you started.”- Ralph Marston
When you feel like quitting, remember why you started and how far you've come.
39. “Quit talking, start doing.”- Walt Disney
You won't get too far if you keep talking but get nothing done.
40. “Do better than good enough.”- Drake
You really want to live your life as "good enough"? Be the best you can be at everything you do.
41. “Don't overthink shit.”- Anonymous
When you overthink, you drive yourself insane at possible situations that probably won't even happen.
42. “It's hard work not luck.”- Gary Vaynerchuk
You can tell we're big fans of Gary, but he speaks truths. No one gets lucky, they work hard.
43. “Nobody owes you shit.”- Gary Vaynerchuk
They don't and never will.
44. “There's no elevator to success.”- Zig Ziglar
You have to take the stairs to success where you'll learn principles of discipline and perseverance.
45. “Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.”- African Proverb
Your journey will be filled with obstacles, but with each obstacle that crosses your path the stronger you'll become.
46. “It won't be easy, it'll be worth it.”- Cas McCullough
When you look back at your hardships, you'll sigh in relief about how far you've come.
47. “Do something your future self will thank you for.”- Sean Patrick Flanery
Get back to the gym, start meditating, just start a new habit that will benefit your future.
48. “The trouble with opportunity is that it always comes disguised as hard work.”- Herbert V. Prochnow
Are you willing to find more opportunities? Well get ready for the heavy work load to get them.
49. “It's okay to live a life people do not understand.”- Jenna Woginrich
Continue to hustle on weekends and work late nights, the entrepreneur life isn't for everyone.
50. “Want it? Work fuckin' harder”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
The harder you work, the quicker you'll get there.
51. “Starve your distractions, feed your focus.”- Unknown
Don't let the small minds of fish distract you. Stay focused.
52. “Focus on goals not obstacles.”- Unknown
The more you focus on your goals the easier they'll be to achieve. When you focus on your obstacles, you'll never make it forward.
53. “Great things don't come from comfort zones.”- Anonymous
You won't achieve anything great from your comfort zone. You must go beyond that and do things you aren't used to.
54. “If you want to go big, stop thinking small.”- Adnan Qadri
Open your mind to new possibilities or opportunities. Think outside the box and you'll never know what you can come up with.
55. “Work for it more than you talk about it.”- Anatole Broyard
Don't make a fool of yourself when your talk doesn't match your walk. Keep to yourself and work hard.
56. “Prove yourself to yourself.”- Jignesh Bhatt
The only person you have to prove yourself to is yourself and not anybody else.
57. “3 months from now, you will thank yourself.”- Unknown
Think about how far you'll be if you start today. Your future self will thank you...sound familiar?
58. “Know your fuckin' worth.”- Unknown
Do not ever doubt yourself or let anyone doubt you. Know your fuckin' worth and others will know it too.
59. “You can't do epic shit with basic people.”- Victor Okere
Make sure your tribe matches your vibe because you will never accomplish your goals with basic people.
60. “No risk. No reward.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
If you never take any risks in life or your business then you'll never reap the benefits of the reward. So watch the risks you take, but do not fear taking them.
61. “Make progress not excuses.”- Jhanvi Simejiya
The more excuses you make, the less progress you make. Continue to push forward no matter the difficulty.
62. “Grow through what you go through.”- Tyrese Gibson
With every challenge comes the opportunity to learn and grow from it. Grow and become your highest self.
63. “Visualize your highest self.”- Unknown
Speaking of your highest self, see yourself winning that award, closing that client, or making x amount of sales a month. Are you ready to start seeing those come to life?
64. “Don't ignore your own potential.”- Swetha Yenimireddy
When you ignore your own potential, there will be a higher chance of negativity when you could maximize your potential instead.
65. “You are good enough.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
As much as you feel like you aren't sometimes, you are good enough. When you go through times like these, know that someone thinks the same.
66. “Don't quit.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
JUST DO IT! The more you advance, the harder the levels will be but don't quit and keep going.
67. “Learn to rest, not quit.”- Banksy
If you get tired, learn to take breaks so you can rest, but don't quit in the middle of your tracks. You've gotten this far and you'll get even further when you learn to take mental health breaks to do things you love.
68. “Inhale confidence, exhale doubt.”- Unknown
Take a deep breath, sometimes in times of stress and anxiety you forget to breathe. When you take this deep breath, inhale all the confidence you need and with the exhale you let go of all the doubt.
69. “It won't happen overnight.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
There's a lot get rich quick or overnight success stories, but half of them aren't what they seem to be and the other half won't last long. So keep up your hard work and be patient.
70. “Your past doesn't equal your future.”- Tony Robbins
One of our favorite from the legend Tony Robbins, it is your decisions that shape your destiny. Your past actions do not equal your future.
71. “Where focus goes, energy flows.”- Tony Robbins
Back to back Tony Robbin hustle quotes for you, when you focus on your goals, you allow more energy to flow there.
72. “Success is buried on the other side of frustration.”- Tony Robbins
How many times is someone going to tell you "no"? The limit does not exist and you better be prepared to accept a bunch of "no's" no matter how frustrated you get.
73. “Don't give your energy to people whose loyalty is controlled by opportunity.”- Alex Quin
There's a lot of snakes out there whose actions are based on solely on selfishness and greed. Watch who stays loyal to you when times get tough.
74. “Nothing will work unless you do.”- Maya Angelou
Whether you're working on a big project and tasks aren't being completed or you feel like everything is goinwrong, take a step back and look if you're putting in the work required to make things happen.
75. “Never fold under pressure.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
People will try to intimidate you or pressure you, but remember it's only an attempt to bring you down to their level. Don't fold and continue playing the game.
76. “Hustle Inspires Hustle.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Surround yourself with people who uplift you and make you the best version of yourself. When you are surrounded by like-minded individuals who are focused on success and hustle, you'll be inspired to do the same almost like an infectious disease because Hustle Inspires Hustle.
78. “Mood: Boss Bitch.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Did you know the Lioness makes the most sacrifices and are the primary hunters in their pride? That makes them a boss bitch. So be like a lioness and be a boss bitch.
79. “Doubt kills dreams.”- Suzy Kassem
Think about the creative process of an idea. If you're constantly doubting things, you'll kill the possibility of any dream.
80. “Live more. Worry less.”- Unknown
It's hard not to worry, so just worry less. When you find yourself worrying less, you'll be able to live your life more.
81. “Keep killin' it.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
You're doing great, you've worked so hard, and you continue to kill it every single day.
82. “Take the road less traveled.”- Robert Frost
Based on Robert Frost, the road less traveled is often the unconventional path whether it be because it's the most risky or the most difficult. Take that path.
83. “Be somebody nobody thought you could be.”- William Chapman
Believe in your transformation, be somebody nobody thought you could become.
84. “Make it work then make it better.”- Unknown
Once you find the formula on how to make it work, dig deep into it and see what factors you can change or enhance to make it better.
85. “Do what is best for you.”- Unknown
Think about yourself and do what is best for you, not for your boss, your coworker, or your client.
86. “Solid women don't crumble.”- Tom Jerry
You, girl, are as solid as bricks and you shall not crumble under pressure. Build your foundation and no one will ever knock you down.
87. “If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.”- Milton Berle
Opportunities will come knocking on your door if we are receptive of them, so build your door and hear it knocking.
88. “You snooze. You lose.”- Unknown
It's so easy to snooze your alarm for those extra 10 minutes, but you now lost 10 minutes you could have used to meditate, read a book, eat a good breakfast, or catch up on the news.
89. “Don't be so hard on yourself.”- Unknown
You can be your toughest critic sometimes, don't be so hard on yourself. Hold yourself accountable, but don't ruin yourself over it.
90. “Make your move.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
You are not a sitting pawn, get moving and dominate the board.
91. “You are only confined by the walls you build yourself.”- Andrew Murphy
You are hiding behind walls that are stopping you from developing and growing, but those wall did not build themselves. They were built by you and can be taken down by you.
92. “The best revenge is massive success.”- Frank Sinatra
Don't waste your time or energy trying to plot revenge on someone who did you wrong. Let your massive success be enough.
93. “Do something instead of killing time because time is killing you.”- Paulo Coelho
When you're sitting around wasting time, you're wasting the one life you were given. Use your time wisely because you don't have much of it.
94. “Stay humble but don't take no shit.”- Unknown
It's important to be humble, but don't allow people to mistake that and walk all over you. Don't take no shit.
95. “Day one or one day." - Unknown
"I'll do it one day." Yeah I'm sure you've said that a couple of times. Make today your day one.
96. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”- Arthur Ashe
Embody this phrase and stop wishing "if only". Wherever you may be in life, do what you can with the tools you were given.
97. “The best view comes after the hardest climb.”- Unknown
The harder your climb to the top is, the more grateful you'll be of the view. Whether it's getting to the end of a really hard workout or you're building an empire.
98. “Collect moments not things.”- April Peerless
With material things, they will always lose value whether you get bored or you can even lose them. Moments must be cherished forever, remember your last vacation or the last time you did a good deed.
99. “Stop saying tomorrow.”- Unknown
Yesterday you said today and today you said tomorrow. Stop delaying your success.
100. “You are your best investment.”- Unknown
There is nothing more profitable than investing in yourself. Buy courses, read more books, or get a mentor.
101. “Ability takes you to the top, but it takes character to stay there.”- Zig Ziglar
It just doesn't take skill and talent to be successful. You need to have character, be humble, and be honest.
102. “Find a way or make a way.”- Unknown
If you want something, find a way to get it. If you can't find a way, then make one yourself.
103. “It does not matter how slowly you go.”- Confucius
As long as you do not stop, it does not matter how fast or how slow you go. Get the work done.
104. “No shortcuts. Work for it”- Unknown
There's no shortcuts in life, just sloppy options. Do it right, do it light. Do it wrong, do it long.
105. “Don't sweat the small things.”- Unknown
Don't get out of character for small things, keep your eye on the prize.
106. “Turn the pain into power.”- Unknown
Use the pain you've endured from family, ex-friends, or bad clients and turn them into power to help you power through your day.
107. “I am in charge of how I feel.”- Unknown
Nobody but you are in charge of how you feel, do not base your emotions on the actions of others. Control how you react.
108. “Life is only as good as your mindset.”- Unknown
When your mindset is good, good things will start to happen to you in your life. But when you have a negative mindset, what do you think will happen?
109. “Find your fire.”- Unknown
Find what sets your soul on fire and do that.
110. “What's your why?”- Unknown
Why are you doing what you're doing? Providing for your family, getting a new car, or because you love the hustle.
111. “Be proud to wear you.”- Unknown
Don't ever be ashamed of who you are or how you act. Be proud to wear you!
112. “Patience is key.”- Unknown
Be patient, don't torture yourself by always wondering "when?", just keep grinding and it'll come to you.
113. “Think like you're paid. Hustle like you're broke.”- Unknown
Think like you have endless supply, but continue to work like you have nothing in the bank.
114. “Your goals don't care how you feel.”- Unknown
If you're having a bad day or want to curl up in bed to watch Netflix, your goals don't care how you feel.
115. “What did you accomplish?”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
What did you accomplish today? Did you finish that load of laundry? Close that deal? Finish that website?
116. “Don't get distracted.”- Unknown
It's easy to get distracted, but stay focused on your prize.
117. “You're stronger than you think.”- Unknown
Whatever you're going through, you're stronger than it.
118. “Wake up & crush it.”- Gary Vaynerchuk
Wake up early and crush your fuckin' day, as Gary Vee would say.
119. “Set new limits.”- Unknown
Set new limits for yourself and once you accomplish those, set new ones after that.
120. “Refill your energy.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Your energy is precious and will sometimes go empty. You cannot give from an empty cup, so refill those vibes.
121. “Trust your gut.”- Alex Quin
Sometimes your gut is trying to tell you something, listen to it and trust it.
122. “What have you done today?”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Did you lay around in bed all day or did you finish your tasks?
123. “Stay Solid.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Stay as solid as marble, do not let others move you.
124. “Work smarter not harder.”- Carl Banks
Sometimes you don't need to work harder, but smarter. Delegate tasks, find a VA, or see how you can make your workflow more efficient.
125. “Get your sh*t together.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Stop scrolling through Instagram, watching Youtube videos, or going out every night. Get your shit togethe.
126. “Make it happen. Shock everyone”- Unknown
There will be so many people who doubt you, so make it happen and look at the shocked look on their faces.
127. “Things will work out.”- Unknown
Whatever is meant to be, will be. Things will always work out how they are supposed to.
128. “Fuck luck. Work hard”- Unknown
Don't be the lucky one, be the one that worked hard for it and achieved it.
129. “Go the extra mile. It's never crowded”- Wayne Dyer
Do more than what is expected of you. When you go the extra mile to do something, it's common not many others did.
130. “If you want it, work for it”- Unknown
Pretty plain and simple. When you want something, go work for it because it won't just fall into your hands.
131. “Old ways won't open new doors.”- Unknown
If you want new opportunities then you need to develop new ways of thinking, working, and living.
132. “Trust your struggle.”- Unknown
Whatever you're struggling with, you're going through it for a reason. So trust the lessons you are about to receive.
133. “Stop overthinking. Just do”- Unknown
You overthink about possible scenarios that may not happen when you could have just done it.
134. “Be the best version of you.”- Unknown
When you become the best version of yourself, you start to attract people with the same mindset.
135. “How bad do you want it?”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
If someone asks you "how bad do you want it?" How would you respond?
136. “Be the one who decided to go for it.”- Unknown
There's so many people who won't take the risk or the chance on something, so be the one who decided to go for it.
137. “Get out of your own way.”- Robert T. Kiyosaki
Sometimes you are the one standing in your own way, whether it may be become you're stubborn or hard-headed. MOVE!
138. "Stop saying "I wish". Start saying "I will.”- Charles Dickens
Stop wishing for things to happen, do things that will make things happen.
139. “Success doesn't come to you, you go for it.”- Marva Collins
No business owner or entrepreneur got what they wanted by just sitting there. They worked for it.
140. “What's stopping you?”- Alex Quin
Is it your parents? Friends? Or maybe it's you!
141. “Give up on giving up.”- Unknown
If there is one thing you need to give up, it's giving up. Stop giving up half way on your journey!
142. “Note to self: Relax.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
With all the stress and constant hustle of entrepreneurship, it's easy to get caught up and overwhelmed. Make a note to your self and relax every so often.
143. “Negative vibes declined. Move along.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Don't surround yourself with negativity or people who radiate negative vibes. Decline the offer and move along.
144. “Stop doing shit you hate.”- Gary Vaynerchuk
Do you go to work miserable and unmotivated? Stop doing shit you hate.
145. “Make it work.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
When you want something, make it work. When you believe in an idea, make it work. If you want to put together an event, make it work.
146. “Suffocate your bullshit.”- Gary Vaynerchuk
Stop creating excuses or bullshit that is going to stop you from achieving your goals.
147. “Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.”- Jim Rohn
Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. If things were done easily then everyone would do it.
148. “If you're going through hell, keep going.”- Winston Churchill
Because when things are getting tough, the tough get going. You will survive this period of "hell" and reach the light at the end of the tunnel.
149. “What would you do if you weren't afraid?”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Would you reach out that company? Would you speak in front of a crowd? Learn to overcome your fear and look how much you'll accomplish.
150. “Don't stay in bed unless you can make money in bed.”- George Burns
Get out of your bed and get to work, unless you can make money from bed. We still recommend working from a desk.
151. “Hit the wall harder than it hits you.”- Unknown
Life is going to hit you and hit you hard at times. When it does, make sure you hit back 10x harder.
152. “You will get through it.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
As much as you think you won't, you will get through it.
153. “Step away from the screen & make something happen.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Don't get sucked into your phone screen and scroll Instagram for hours. Step away and make something happen.
154. “Give yourself more credit.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Give yourself more credit in the work you do, the things you accomplish, and the recognition you receive.
155. “Don't let idiots ruin your day.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
You control what effects your emotions and what ruins your day, don't let idiots ruin it.
156. “If you know you can do better then do better.”- Maya Angelou
If you're completing a project and you know you can do better, then do better.
157. “Don't you dare give up.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
There's so many people cheering you on and ready to see you succeed, so don't you dare give up.
158. “Work harder than you did yesterday.”- Unknown
Did you work hard yesterday? Beat that today. Keep pushing yourself to keep doing better and working harder.
159. “Conquer Fear.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Conquer the fear you have in yourself, in your work, and in your life.
160. “Habits turn into character.”- Unknown
If you start to do a habit long enough, it becomes part of your character. Choose your habits wisely.
161. “Too busy to give a fuck.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
Be too busy and be too booked to give a fuck about what anybody is doing.
162. “Don't complain, work harder.”- Unknown
What is the purpose in complaining? You're getting nothing done, so get over it and work harder.
163. "Be humble. Stay honest. Hustle hard." - Hustle Inspires Hustle
Inspired by our 3 H's: Humbleness, Honesty, and Hustle. We live by those words every day.
164. “Get out of bed.”- Hustle Inspires Hustle
No matter how tired you are, how lazy you feel, or how hungover you might be, GET OUT OF BED.